Burn injuries are among the most painful and disfiguring of all possible injuries. Perhaps you have suffered one. When browsing for “burn injury lawyers near me,” take a second look at Stracci Law Group. Contact us online or call us at (219) 525-1000 for a free consultation. We serve clients in Hammond, Crown Point, Gary, and elsewhere in Northwest Indiana.
The Common Types Of Burn Injuries
The American Burn Association reports that in the US alone, nearly half a million burn injuries every year are serious enough to require medical treatment. Some of the most common types of burns include:
- Thermal burns: Thermal burns come from external heat sources like stoves, scalding water, and hot metal.
- Cold burns: It’s counterintuitive, but extremely cold materials can burn your skin too. Cold burns usually happen in industrial accidents.
- Friction burns: The most common type of friction burn is the “road rash” that motorcyclists sometimes suffer.
- Radiation burns: The most common radiation burn is sunburn. Other sources of radiation, such as X-rays, can also cause radiation burns.
- Chemical burns: Strong acids, bleach, lye, and other corrosive materials cause chemical burns.
- Electrical burns: Electrical currents can cause severe burns in addition to other injuries.
The burn victim attorneys at Stracci Law Group can help you pursue a burn injury claim.
Classification Of Burn Injuries By Severity
Medical authorities typically classify burns into three different degrees--first-degree, second-degree, and third-degree burns. Each type of burn exhibits its own characteristics:
- First-degree burns: Sunburn and other light burns affecting only the outer layer of your skin. There is no scarring.
- Second-degree burns: Second-degree burns affect two layers of skin. They typically cause blistering and scarring.
- Third-degree burns. Third-degree burns affect every layer of your skin as well as underlying tissue. Third-degree burns can be life-threatening.
If you have suffered a third-degree burn, you will need a personal injury attorney to maximize your chances of winning fair compensation.
How Our Indiana Burn Injury Lawyers Can Help Get Fire Injuries Compensation
If the injury you incur during a fire is severe, you almost have no other choice but to retain a fire injury lawyer, at least if you want to receive fair compensation. A burn injury lawyer can help you obtain compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of sensation
- Other losses
The most straightforward means of obtaining compensation is through a private settlement with the defendant or an insurance company. If the opposing party proves unwilling to offer fair compensation, you can probably file a lawsuit. You might have to file a workers’ compensation claim instead, however, if your injury was work-related.
Filing a lawsuit doesn’t necessarily mean that you will go to trial. However, it can operate as a means to pressure the other side and to obtain evidence. It can also provide you with access to the discovery process, which will allow you to demand evidence from the other side. Proceeding to trial is a last resort, but one that you still must be willing to face if necessary.
Fire and Burn Injury Accident Cases We Typically Handle in Lake County
As burn accident attorneys, we handle all different types of burn injuries, including:
- Friction burns
- Thermal burns
- Chemical burns
- Cold burns
- Radiation burns
- Electrical burns
- First-degree, second-degree, and third-degree burns
We also handle the following type of fire injury cases:
- Restaurant fires
- Hotel fires
- House fires
- Apartment fires
- Workplace fires and explosions
- Industrial accidents
- Electrical fires
- Defective product fires
- Vehicle explosions
- Scalding water and steam injuries
- Nightclub fires
We also handle claims arising from locked fire exits and defective safety equipment. Even if your burn injury was sustained in a place or manner that is different from the previously listed scenarios, please contact us to help determine your options.
Why Hire Stracci Law Group for Your Burn Injury Case?
The aggressive, experienced, and relentless attorneys at Stracci Law Group will not quit until you receive justice. We have handled many burn injury cases and our attorneys have decades of combined experience achieving results for our clients. We can help you by:
- Investigating your claim and the circumstances surrounding it
- Gathering admissible evidence to support your claim
- Negotiating with the other side on your behalf
- Filing a lawsuit, if necessary to expedite settlement negotiations
- Drafting a settlement agreement
- Representing you at trial
- Making sure you get your money on time
Stracci Law Group works on a contingency basis, meaning that you will owe us precisely nothing unless we win your claim and the defendant actually pays it.
Talk to Our Northwest Indiana Burn Injury Attorneys Today
If you or someone you love has suffered a burn injury that you believe someone else may be responsible for, now is the time to contact a seasoned burn accident lawyer. Stracci Law Group represents personal injury and wrongful death clients throughout Northwest Indiana including Crown Point, Gary, Portage, Merrillville, and elsewhere in the vicinity.