At Stracci Law Group, we know you have many options for a personal injury attorney in Crown Point, Merrillville, Hammond, Lake and Porter Counties, and throughout the State of Indiana. We believe in providing the highest quality legal representation, with a client-first focus, reliable and aggressive advocacy, and decades of experience. Our team of professionals offer attentive, individualized service for your unique circumstances and will work with you and for you to obtain the best possible result when you’ve been involved in a car accident as the result of the negligence of another driver.
Auto Accident Types
Every automobile accident is unique, but there are a few types of accidents we see come into Stracci Law Group more often. There are certain techniques used by our office to deal with each of these scenarios, and we custom tailor our work to make sure you receive the best possible representation and results.
Rear End Collisions
Perhaps the most common sort of automobile accident, and, fortunately, the one least likely to cause very serious injuries. Often other drivers will be distracted on the road by using a cell phone, fiddling with the radio, or otherwise preoccupied with something other than the safe operation of their vehicle. Other times, a negligent driver may simply be following too closely, causing a collision when you stop at a stop light or slow down for traffic.
As with rear end collisions, a driver may be distracted when they enter your lane of traffic, and the cars end up brushing against one another, causing damage and loss of control of your vehicle, which can result in spin outs or forcing you into a ditch or lane divider. These types of accidents are more often on the highways or interstates of Northwest Indiana, and often at very high speed, so injuries can be very serious.
Often occurring at stoplights, where, in an attempt to “beat” a red light, a driver may enter the intersection, causing a front-to-side collision where the vehicles are perpendicular to one another (hence the “T” shape of the two cars). These collisions can be very serious, as most vehicles are less reinforced on the sides, with mere inches of plastic between you and another vehicle striking your door.
This is the most terrifying and frequently injurious type of automobile accident, in spite of the many technological advances we’ve enjoyed, such as airbags, collapsing front fenders, and seatbelts. The speeds of each of the vehicles involved in a head-on collision are effectively doubled, causing massive damage to cars, and their drivers and passengers.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
There is nothing at all “common” about auto accidents (except, perhaps, for how frighteningly often they occur), nor the injuries which result from them. However, there are some injuries we see more frequently when someone is involved in an automobile collision.
- Sprained joints
- Bone breaks
- Cuts (also called “lacerations”)
- Bruising (also called “contusions”)
- Back, neck, or spine injuries, including displaced discs, cracked vertebrae, or whiplash
- Muscle pain or strains
- Organ or torso damage
- Internal bleeding
- Skull crack
- Psychological injuries, like depression, anxiety, or fear of driving
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Death or catastrophic, systemic injury
How Our Skilled Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help after an Auto Accident in Indiana
The professionals at Stracci Law Group are here to help if you are involved in an automobile accident. We can provide you instruction on what you need to do to first insure that you get the medical care that you must have to return your life to normal. We’ll assemble your medical records and bills, and negotiate with the insurance companies who will take any opportunity they can to give you less than you deserve when you’ve been injured by the negligence of another driver. And at Stracci Law Group, our seasoned attorneys are not afraid to go toe-to-toe at trial...we’ve selected talented trial attorneys from the Northwest Indiana area and beyond who have amassed nearly eighty years of combined legal experience.
Why Choose Auto Accident Injury Lawyers from Stracci Law Group
As mentioned, you have many options when it comes to your representation for your personal injury matter, but we believe one consultation with our attorneys will insure you select Stracci Law Group for your auto accident matter.
- We provide service above and beyond what you might expect from a busy law firm. We have a member of YOUR injury team available to speak with you within 24 hours when you call the office, and that’s only on the rare occasion when he or she isn’t available immediately.
- You are important to us. We pride ourselves on our ability to explain complicated legal issues in simple, plain language that you can understand and help you feel confident about your choices.
- We work WITH our clients, as well as FOR them. When you bring your case to our office, we will collaborate on your case so that you are heard, and your concerns addressed.
- We are honest about outcomes. Many law firms will promise you the moon, and then have to apologize when reality sets in. Our attorneys have collectively been in practice for decades and know what to expect from a case. We’ll talk about the strengths and weaknesses of your case, and if we do not believe we can meet your expectations, we’ll tell you so. We want you to feel secure knowing we are always acting in your best interests, and we’ll take the time to explain our reasoning, rather than giving you less than what you believe you deserve and having to “walk back” our promises.
- Bottom line: we care about people. Our attorneys work hard, but they are people too, and understand what it is like to be scared and intimidated by a difficult or arcane process like the legal system. Automobile accidents and the process of seeking compensation can rob you of your feeling of safety and protection. We will get that back for you.