A neck or back injury can effectively paralyze you for a few days or a lifetime. In the case of long-term injuries, it can be difficult to calculate how much compensation you will need in the future.
The neck and/or back injury lawyers at Stracci Law Group can help you obtain fair compensation for your neck and back injuries through dedicated representation and aggressive advocacy. Call (219) 525-1000 or contact us online. We serve clients throughout Northwest Indiana, including Crown Point, Portage, and Gary.
Common Types Of Neck And Back Injuries
Many different types of injuries can be classified as neck or back injuries. If your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence (or worse), you are probably entitled to a significant amount of compensation. Following are some of the most common types of neck and back injuries:
- Slipped bulging discs
- Herniated disc
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Nerve root injuries with impingement
- Cervical neck fracture/dislocation
- Spinal or vertebral fractures
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injury
Neck and back injuries can be difficult to detect and treat. However, you need to seek medical treatment right away before whiplash, for example, turns into a permanent neck injury or back pain becomes paralysis. A spine injury attorney can see to it that you receive the medical care and the compensation that you deserve.
Accidents That Cause Neck and Back Injuries
The human body is inherently fragile, and many different types of accidents can cause a neck or back injury.
- Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and truck accidents cause almost half of all spinal cord injuries every year, as well as a great percentage of other types of neck and back injuries
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents (over a million people a year visit emergency rooms overslip and fall accidents
- Defective products such as airbags and seat restraints
- Negligent security, leading to unsafe conditions and even criminal assaults
- Recreational accidents including boating accidents, diving accidents, and swimming pool accidents
When you suspect that someone else’s negligence might have caused your injuries, it is critical that you contact a neck and back injury lawyer to understand your legal options. The Crown Point neck or back injury attorneys at Stracci Law Group stand ready to help.
Why You Need an Indiana Personal Injury Lawyer For Your Neck Or Back Injury?
Personal injury compensation is not automatic. You have to fight for it. Personal injury law is deceptively complex - in fact, it seems almost designed to confuse injury victims. Meanwhile, you can expect defendants and insurance companies to fight you every step of the way, using every trick in the book.
The opposing party will try to blame you for the accident, trap you with your own words, or lull you into missing the statute of limitations deadline. However, hiring a skilled and reputable attorney for a back or neck injury typically results in a sudden “attitude adjustment” by the opposing party.
Damages Available For Back And Neck Injury Claims
You are a sitting duck for an insurance company as long as you fail to understand the true value of your claim. The following list summarizes the typical components of a personal injury claim:
- Medical expenses: Past, present, and estimated future expenses
- Lost income: Past, present, and estimated future losses
- Long-term nursing care
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Medically related home renovations (a stairlift, for example)
- Disability (loss of your ability to walk, for example)
- Physical pain and suffering (this component alone often amounts to several times the amount of medical expenses)
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium: Your spouse can file this claim to receive compensation for the loss of love, companionship, affection, support, and intimate relations
Punitive damages are available in rare cases.
Why Choose Stracci Law Group for Spinal Cord Injury Case?
Any number of reasons, including:
- We are accessible. Our small size and our client-first focus assure you of this.
- We have decades of experience in successfully handling personal injury and wrongful death claims.
- Our team offers attentive, individualized solutions.
- We keep you in the loop. So you will never have to wonder about the progress of your case with us.
- We will thoroughly investigate your claim to find out what really happened.
- We keep our clients happy, as evidenced by our many positive reviews.
Contact Our Crown Point Neck And Spine Injury Law Firm Today
You need to act quickly to maximize your chances of recovering full compensation. Let us handle your claim for you while you focus on recovery.
Don’t let the glue of circumstance harden around your feet. Contact Stracci Law today by calling (219) 525-1000 or by completing our online contact form. We serve clients throughout Northwest Indiana, including Crown Point, Gary, and Hammond.