Northwest Indiana Criminal Defense Lawyer - State Criminal Offenses
Being charged with a crime can change your life forever. A criminal record can make it very difficult to secure employment, obtain a loan, or pursue the education you have always dreamed of. Whether you have been charged with a felony or misdemeanor crime in the state of Indiana, it is imperative to have a skilled lawyer who will vigorously advocate for your rights throughout the duration of your case.
The Stracci Law Group is well recognized throughout the Northwest Indiana region for our ability to successfully defend clients in some of the toughest criminal cases. We are experienced defense lawyers who know the ins and outs of Indiana law and will fight to get you the justice you deserve. Our lawyers have a clear understanding of how the prosecution goes about investigating and building a case, and we will use this knowledge to combat their strategies at every point in the legal process.
Building an Aggressive Defense Against State Criminal Charges
If you have been charged with a crime in Indiana, the Stracci Law Group is prepared to do everything we can to protect your freedom and your future. Our lawyers represent clients in all types of state criminal matters, including:
- Indiana State Expungements. When you apply for a job, seek an educational loan, or look for housing, your criminal history may need to be disclosed. Fortunately, you may be able to eligible for an expungement under Indiana’s “Second-Chance Act.” This law allows you to seal from public view arrests, criminal charges, and convictions in most cases, subject to certain requirements. The Stracci Law Group will review your situation and advise you on how best to achieve your goals in attaining the second chance that you deserve.
- Traffic Offenses. If you have been involved in a traffic offense, you may not know exactly what the consequences of that offense are until after the fact. The first question is, “what sort of offense is it?” Misdemeanor charges can have serious consequences, including fines, jail time, and license suspension, but even simple traffic tickets can start you on a downward spiral of suspensions, fines, fees, and eventually criminal charges.
- Drug/Controlled Substances. Every drug case is different, and they all require an attorney with the experience and skill to dig in and obtain the best possible outcome for you. The Stracci Law Group has successfully handled hundreds of drug cases ranging from simple misdemeanor possession to major felony dealing.
- Sex Offenses and Registry Violations. Every allegation of a sex offense is different, but they all require an attorney with the experience, skill, and tenacity to get to the truth of the matter. The Stracci Law Group has successfully handled hundreds of sex offense cases ranging from simple registry violations to felony rape.
- Violent Offenses. If you have been accused of a violent crime, you may not know what the actual allegations are until you have been charged and arrested. Almost all violent crimes are felonies that can result in long prison sentences. Stracci Law Group has nearly 80 years of experience defending violent offenses.
- Public Corruption. At Stracci Law Group, we’ve handled dozens of public corruption cases and know how to navigate the complex maze of reporters, investigators, and prosecutors to make sure you’re treated fairly and that simple human mistakes are distinguished from true corruption.
- Prescription Fraud/Forgery. If you have been arrested for prescription fraud or forgery, you need to choose a powerful team of criminal defense attorneys to defend your legal rights. The Stracci Law Group provides experienced, strategic representation to individuals facing prescription fraud and forgery charges.
- Probation Violations. When you are charged with breaking the rules of your probation, you run the risk of spending the entire probationary sentence in prison (even if you have successfully completed most of it) or suffering other harsh penalties. An experienced criminal defense attorney at our firm will carefully review your situation and build a powerful defense to protect your freedom.
- Sentence Modification. If you are serving time for a crime in Indiana, you may be eligible to apply for a sentence modification. The attorneys at our firm will initially evaluate your situation and give you an honest assessment of whether we believe there is a way to lessen your sentence, either through sentence modification, filing for Post Conviction Relief (PCR), or some other mechanism like a Community Transition Court. Once we complete our review and assessment, we will advise you of what options, if any, we believe you have and how we propose to implement our plan to minimize your sentence.
- State Resources. When you are charged with a crime in Indiana, trying to figure out the criminal justice system on your own can be overwhelming. We know just how difficult and frightening the process can be and are committed to providing you with the information and answers you are looking for.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you are under investigation or have been charged with a state crime in Indiana, it is critical to speak with a skilled criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. Many people make the mistake of thinking that they can handle the situation on their own or by hiring a lawyer who may have done work for them previously but does not have the necessary experience to proficiently navigate the criminal justice system. When your freedom is on the line, you need a powerful legal team to advance your rights. The Stracci Law Group provides experienced representation to individuals who have been charged with crimes in Northwest Indiana and beyond. Schedule a consultation today by calling 219-525-1000 to find out how we can help.